English; Computer, Math, Business, Engineering Instructors (Saudi Arabia)
All girl and all boys schools in Saudi Arabia
The appointment is for an initial period of one year with the possibility of extension. Salary ranges from 57,000USD to 63,000USD total annual package and includes: Class A health insurance, 30 days vacation, air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of employment, annual vacation tickets, visa expenses reimbursed, subsidized professional development opportunities within the network in the form of a 70% tuition reduction towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D. Degree on selected on-line degree programs.
Instructor will be responsible for developing curriculum and teaching students in the Institute from A1 through B1 proficiency. Activities and operations include working with other Institute staff to identify areas of knowledge that require improvement within the student body, participating in the development of curriculum, coordinating with other Instructors to integrate curriculums, and teaching classes for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
• Preparation of lessons
• Assessment and reporting of student progress
• Use technology such as LMS, iWBs, online testing and eLearning applications as mandated by institutional policies
• Counseling of students on their progress
• Attendance at department meetings and professional development sessions
• Work within the team on program development
• English is used in the delivery of all lessons
• All lessons have identified aims appropriate to the students' learning needs and consist of stages intended to achieve these aims
• A positive classroom atmosphere and rapport is maintained to facilitate the implementation of communicative methodologies
• All lessons work towards achieving the objectives of the syllabus
• Instructors use a variety of techniques, procedures, materials and technologies in their lessons
• All class admin (attendance records, records of work done, reports etc) is completed as per requirements in force
• Assessment of students is as per guidelines in place.
• Office hours are advertised to students, and the teacher is available during these times.
• Problems any student is facing in learning are reported to the department head and remedial action agreed on.
• Cultural sensitivities and social mores of students are respected at all times, in or out of class.
• Dress code is business casual.
• Confidentiality of personal information is respected.
• Policies and procedures of including but not limited to those on staff attendance, punctuality, cover teaching and student discipline that may be in place are observed and/or enforced.
• Care is taken with the property, including but not limited to IWBs, computers, furniture& fittings
• technology is never used to access or to store inappropriate materials.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree required (related to subject preferred) -
• 3-5 years' experience teaching secondary or higher level students
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is plus
• Possess a strong knowledge of English (native speaker from North America, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) and teaching techniques
• Highly organized and dependable
• Excellent computer aptitude, proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral English
• Experience using interactive whiteboards in the classroom preferred
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills, and highly effective relationship building skills
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
• Ability to speak Arabic a plus.
Posting ID: 4104485356