Tower Foreman XVIII Truck, Per Diem Hotel and more (Richomond)
Engineering - RF / Wireless
United States - - EntireEast Coast
The Compensation $24 to $35.00 per hour
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for the ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
As an experienced Tower Foreman you will lead in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Being a Tower Foreman is not for the faint at heart but with our company it can be an exciting and challenging career opportunity. Tower Foreman work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions. We recognize our success depends on our exceptional technicians and those that lead; our team members work hard so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognizes top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a strong leader and you want to help pave the way for the next generation of Telecommunications Technicians, this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work. We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
As a Tower Foreman, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of a group of Tower Technicians.
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Act as a team lead and mentor to less experienced Tower Technicians.
- Traveling extensively throughout the East Coast, US.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have 6+ years of experience climbing and working on towers.
- Successfully complete the MNS Tower Technician Training Program.
- Must be a well-organized self-starter with a strong attention to detail
- Willingness to take hands on approach in leading their team through demonstration.
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment.
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, install waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Current Comtrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue Certification, OSHA trained, safety trained, Anritsu certified and First AID/CPR trained.
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA's, connectors and 1`1`weatherproofing
- Highly organized and be able to effectively report verbally and written reports back to the Tower Foreman.
- Must have experience with site surveys and path surveys.
- Must have Experience stacking self-support towers; installing waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes.
- Must have experience with completing "close out" packages.
- Must have experience with customer interfacing and problem resolution.
- Must have experience running crews of 2-5 climbers and solving team issues.
- Must maintain level of excellence in crew's quality of work and mindset.
- Possession of a valid driver license and be able to pass the Motor Vehicle Records check.
---The Tower Foreman position can be deployed to any location on the east coast, candidates must be willing to travel 80 to 90% of the time. For this reason we are looking at any and all candidates on or willing to travel to the east coast.
More About the Position
Visa Candidates Considered - No
5+ to 7 years of experience
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Always
The Ideal Candidate
Posting ID: 4104932040