compensation: Compensation based on experience employment type: full-time telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Wendroff CPA is seeking a Teleworking Tax preparer/Consultant to be part of our team. This would be a year-round position. You would be a valued member specializing in individual and business tax preparation as well as assisting staff and the managing partner with technical questions as needed. Work can be performed in a teleworking environment. We would want some office visits throughout the year. Twice ranked a top Northern Virginia Workplace, we pride ourselves on hiring amazing staff and treating them amazingly.
• Have the technical skills to perform an effective preparation of all types of tax returns (i.e. 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 990, 1041, Multistate, etc.). This means performing at the necessary level to ensure relevant issues have been identified and resolved and the returns are complete and ready for the Managing Partner’s review
• Provide tax research and consulting services in response to tax return issues and other client requests
• Proactively communicate with Managing Partner on status of projects and assistance needed
Skills & Abilities:
• Strong understanding of the internal revenue code, state tax rules and generally accepted accounting principles
• Proficient in QuickBooks, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, the Internet and other tax and accounting software (Proseries Tax, XCM Project Management and RIA Checkpoint experience a Plus)
• Ability to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
• Ability to adhere to given budgets and time deadlines
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Education & Experience:
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Accounting
• Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or (EA) license a plus
• Minimum 4 years CPA Firm Experience
About Wendroff CPA: A Boutique, Family CPA Firm Doing Award-Winning Work
At Wendroff CPA we believe in hiring the best people and supporting them to do their best work. Though we are a family firm, we work with some of the top businesses and nonprofits in Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
Founded in 2006, Wendroff CPA has won numerous awards and was recently awarded top CPA firm in Arlington, Virginia. We pride ourselves on our staff with an innovative company culture focused on personal growth, technology, health, and have a strong telework program.
If interested, please provide us a cover letter and your resume.
You can find more about our company here: www.wendroffcpa.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers