QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking to develop your skills in Property Management?
We are looking for candidates that are eager to apply their superior leasing and marketing experience into the next step of their career as an Assistant Property Manager. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of residential leasing, sales and/or management experience. Along with one year of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) experience.
This is a great opportunity to be the Property Manager’s right hand person as you coordinate the leasing efforts, property accounting and reporting.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Maintain all property accounting and reporting, including but not limited to collecting and posting rent, financial and leasing reports, month end, pre close, bank deposits and ensuring a balanced rent roll.
- Ensures payment and structures are accurately presented on resident ledgers.
- Ensures all applications are fully approved prior to move-in.
- Continue using your leasing and sales experience to lease apartments.
- You will be the go-to person for the performance of the leasing team and the manager’s right hand person regarding the property’s operations.
- Using your strong administrative skills, along with your strong ability to review detailed paperwork, this position will manage various tasks, such as managing lease files, verifying income verification's as required for LITHC and or HUD programs, updating necessary paperwork and computer systems etc.
- Cheer, lead and mentor our leasing team. They will look to your guidance and experience related to leasing, closing, marketing, apartment files, resident retention and marketing.
- Assistant Property Managers are responsible for cultivating and managing the resident experience while supporting the property’s needs and policies, and to maintain a positive relationship with the local housing authority.
- This position will also assist with walking units in preparation for state required inspections.
What you can bring to the role:
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge.
- Experience as leasing consultant and the ability to close a sale.
- Knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), IRS 8823 guide and HUD 4350.3 manual.
- Creative, motivating personality.
- Superior customer service! Ability to help our customers and resolve any issues with professionalism and clear communication.
- Strong ability in building and maintaining positive relations.
- Ability to manage several tasks at once while remaining detailed and well organized. Strong time management, organizational skills, and good follow through with attention to detail are skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Timely and accurate follow through so that our customers feel their needs are recognized and met.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Prior experience using Yardi or other related property management accounting software is helpful.
- Understanding of federal, state and local fair housing laws and provisions.
- Professional leadership skills and capable motivating a team!
- Strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain fiduciary responsibility.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
What is required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Real estate and/or other license as required by law.